Patintero is played outdoors. The players are divided into two teams equal number, namely the runners and the taggers. The object of the runner is to get through all the lines back and forth without being tagged.
PLAYERS: 4 players per team; 2 opposing teams
PLAY AREA: The ground is marked off in a 5 or 6 meter rectangle divided into 4 equal parts.
1. Each team is composed of 4 players.
2. Winning the toss entitles the players on that team to be runners. The taggers stand 1,2,3, and 4. Number 1 can go anywhere to tag the runners.
3. Taggers 2,3, and 4 tag the runners as they cross the lines or as they get near them.
4. As soon as one of the runners crosses line 4, he returns to line 2 and call out "Tubig!" a point scored in favor of his team.
5. The runners must score a clean pass within 2 minutes, otherwise, a turnover will be called.
6. In tagging, the taggers must have both feet on the line.
7. If a runner is tagged while crossing a line or while trying to cross, the teams exchange places.
8. The team with the highest point after 3 turnovers wins the game.
9. If after 3 turnovers and nobody has been declared as winner, 2 turnovers will be added to the game for a total of 5..