BACKGROUND: Torsi is the Ilocano term for finger wrestling. A popular pastime among the Ilocanos, it is basically a test of strength.
Torsi Is played a top a table by two contestants to find out who between them have the
more formidable fingers. However, the other fingers are resorted to whenever a
competitor believes that he has a better chance of prevailing with it because it
happens to be stronger.
1. Each team is composed of 6 players.
2. At a given signal, the first player of each team walk with his bamboo/or wooden stilt towards the goal line.
3. Upon reaching the goal line, he turns around with his stilt and returns to the starting line.
4. The 2nd, 3rd, 4th, up to the 12th player do the same.
5. The first team to finish the race wins.
6. A team whose player walks for more than 2 steps after a fall will be disqualified.
7. A team whose player falls twice is disqualified.
HEIGHT: JUNIOR DIVISION - 1 foot from the ground
SENIOR DIVISION - 1.5 foot from the ground
Relay Distance - 30 meters (15 x 2) for men
20 meters (10 x 2) for women